Partner, Cluster Lead Legal Process & Technology, KPMG Law, Düsseldorf
Andreas Bong is a partner at KPMG Law and since 2018 part of the firm. He is one of the most renowned experts on legal transformation in the European market. Since 2008 hehas been advising legal and IP departments in their (digital) transformation to a faster, more efficient and even more risk-conscious setup. Andreas is a trusted reference for General Counsels on all strategic, organizational and operational challenges and a demanded speaker at numerousinternational Legal Conferences and Events. Previously, he was managing partner of a consulting firm specialized in legal departments until the acquisition by KPMG Law.
He joined KMPG Law in 2018; 18 years of experience
EDUCATION, LICENCES & CERTIFICATIONS
– M.Sc., University of the German Armed Forces Munich and University of California Berkeley
– MBA, European School of Business
– Over the last 15 years, Andreas has worked with numerous European clients on more than 60 international projects in various industries such as (among others) automotive, insurance, IT, chemicals/pharmaceuticals, consumer goods, utilities and financial services.
– In Germany, he advised 23 DAX companies and numerous renowned SMEs. Together with his team, he consults in-house legal and IP departments throughout the entire transformation process -from analyzing the maturity level to improving the operating model, installing legal tech solutions or providing managed services.
– Andreas is an expert in redesigning the global target operating model of legal departments, optimizing the integration of legal into the business and enhancing the value proposition of legal as a whole.
– In addition to his consulting experience, Andreas is the author of the KPMG "Global Legal Department Benchmarking Report" which monitors and determines worldwide trends in legal departments since 2005. With its first evaluation more than 16 years ago, this report offers a long-term view on the development of relevant cost and performance KPIs of legal departments and numerous benchmarking opportunities.
Consulting on Target Operating Model, organizational and process optimization, benchmarking, KPI implementation.